Cincinnati product liability lawyer and Ohio Burn Injury Attorney reviews propane heater lawsuits, product recalls and burn injury cases for plaintiffs nationwide
Propane space heaters, and their oil and electric counterparts, have long been a concern for safety experts for posing fire and Space Heaters for consumers. Hundreds of home fires each year are directly related to home heater accidents.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that more 300 deaths a year result from space heating accidents. As a result, propane heater lawsuits have been filed around the country on behalf of injured consumers, holding negligent heater manufacturers liable.
Portable propane heaters and other home heaters are practical for many Americans, but they are not without dangers. Accidents involving propane heaters can occur due to the following:
- Defective heater design: portable propane heaters and home space heaters may be inherently dangerous and pose fire, explosion and burn injury risks
- Poorly maintained heaters: older models of home heaters, including propane heating devices with aging gas lines, can be hazardous
- Propane gas leaks go undetected because propane may not be “odorized,” leading to toxic exposure.
Joe Lyon is a highly-rated Ohio product liability lawyer representing plaintiffs nationwide in a wide variety of consumer product liability, product defect and propane heater lawsuits.
Space Heater Safety & Burn Injury Prevention
- Using any space heater has its risks, and using them safely is critical in preventing fires and burn injury. In general, space heaters made of metal are safer than those made of cheaper plastic.
- It is crucial to turn off space heaters when you leave the room and never leave the home with space heaters running.
- Do not use an electric space heater with extension cords.
- Keep heaters on level ground, as they can easily tip over and start fires.
- Maintain older space heaters and portable home heaters.
- Educate children about the burn injury and fire risks of home heaters.
Space Heater Recalls
Each year, hundreds of Americans suffer burn injuries that result from propane heater defects and other space heater accidents. Fires, explosions, carbon monoxide poisoning and serious burns are a concern for every household using space heaters and portable home heaters. Some recent portable heater recalls have included:
- Propane Space Heaters
- Tower Heater Fans
- Electric Space Heaters
- Oil-Filled Electric Heaters
- Ceramic Heaters
- Oscillating Fan Heaters
- Portable Fan Heaters
- Baseboard Convection Heaters
- Radiant Heaters
- Patio Heaters
- Portable Generators
Legal Action: Propane Heater Lawsuits
Manufacturers have faced propane heater lawsuits and are held accountable for burn injury, property damages when their defective products lead to fire accidents.
Consumer safety lawyers aim to protect home and business owners from dangerous products on the market. When hazardous heaters injure consumers, large settlements are likely in product liability claims.
The Lyon Firm specializes in product safety litigation and represents plaintiffs nationwide following catastrophic injuries linked to defective products. There are hundreds of dangerous propane heaters on the market today, endangering consumers on a daily basis.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a defective space heater, and have questions about the legal remedies available to improve quality of life and medical care, contact The Lyon Firm at (800) 513-2403. You will speak directly with Mr. Lyon, and he will help you answer critical questions regarding propane heater lawsuits.