Cincinnati product liability lawyer and Ohio Burn Injury Attorney reviews propane heater lawsuits, product recalls and burn injury cases for plaintiffs nationwide
Propane space heaters, and their oil and electric counterparts, have long been a concern for safety experts for posing fire and burn hazards for consumers. Hundreds of home fires each year are directly related to home heater accidents.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that more 300 deaths a year result from space heating accidents. As a result, propane heater lawsuits have been filed around the country on behalf of injured consumers, holding negligent heater manufacturers liable.
Space Heater Safety & Burn Injury Prevention
- Using any space heater has its risks, and using them safely is critical in preventing fires and burn injury. In general, space heaters made of metal are safer than those made of cheaper plastic.
- It is crucial to turn off space heaters when you leave the room and never leave the home with space heaters running.
- Do not use an electric space heater with extension cords.
- Keep heaters on level ground, as they can easily tip over and start fires.
Types of Space Heater Recalls
- Propane Space Heaters
- Tower Heater Fans
- Electric Space Heaters
- Oil-Filled Electric Heaters
- Ceramic Heaters
- Oscillating Fan Heaters
- Portable Fan Heaters
- Baseboard Convection Heaters
- Radiant Heaters
- Patio Heaters
- Portable Generators
- Patio Heaters
Legal Action: Propane Heater Lawsuits
Manufacturers have faced propane heater lawsuits and are held accountable for burn injury, property damages when their defective products lead to fire accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a defective space heater, and have questions about the legal remedies available to improve quality of life and medical care, contact The Lyon Firm at (800) 513-2403.You will speak directly with Mr. Lyon, and he will help you answer critical questions regarding propane heater lawsuits.