Toy Recalls in 2018: Children & Play Hazards
Cincinnati Recall Lawyer: Early 2018 Children’s Safety & Toy Recalls Reported
So far in 2018, there have been dozens of products recalled due to child safety concerns, including basic children’s products like car seats, high chairs, cribs, play pens, pacifiers, and various toys. Some of the recent product and toy recalls issued by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), include the following:
- Skip Hop recalled 7,900 convertible high chairs because the front legs on the high chairs can detach from the seat, posing severe fall and injury hazards.
- VTech recalled 280,000 Shake & Sing elephant rattles because the ears on the elephant rattles can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children susceptible to placing items in their mouth.
- Vornado Air recalled 5,000 Sunny CS (cribside) nursery space heaters because a broken motor mount can allow the electric heating element to come in contact with the interior plastic materials and ignite, posing very concerning fire and burn hazards.
- VTech recalled over 40,000 Lights & Lullabies travel mobiles because the clamp attaching the mobile to the crib rail can break causing the mobile to fall, posing an injury hazard to infants in the crib.
- Fashion Accessory Bazaar recalled 20,000 Pokémon fidget spinner keychains because the center post on the fidget spinner can loosen and detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Multipro recalled 1,000 Cradle N Swings bassinets because the bassinets fail to meet the federal safety standard for bassinets and cradles, and pose fall and entrapment hazards to infants.
Joe Lyon is a highly-rated Cincinnati recall lawyer and Ohio product liability attorney representing plaintiffs nationwide in a wide variety of consumer product liability and children’s products defect claims relating to toy recalls.
- PL Sleep recalled about 1,500 of its 100 percent polyester gray and white snowflake print sleeves and faux sherpa fleece body children’s nightgowns because they failed to meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries.
- The CPSC filed a lawsuit in February against Britax Child Safety because of a defect involving O.B. jogging strollers because the wheel can detach, posing a fall hazard.
- Alstyle recalls around 500,000 infant bodysuits because the snaps at the crotch can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
- Graco recalled 39,200 Table2Table 6-in-1 Highchairs because the highchair’s rear legs can pivot out of position making the chair unstable, posing a fall hazard to a child in the highchair.
If your child has recently suffered an injury due to a defective toy or product, and have questions about the legal remedies available to improve quality of life and medical care in Ohio, contact The Lyon Firm (800) 513-2403. You will speak directly with Mr. Lyon, and he will help you answer these critical questions.